- Advising the Seekers of Knowledge – Al-Khateeb Al-Baghdaadee
- Brief Advice to Students of Knowledge – Imaam ‘Abdul-‘Azeez bin ‘Abdillaah bin Baaz
- Three Required Characteristics for Seeking Knowledge -Shaikh Saalib bin ‘Abdil-‘Azeez Aali Shaikh
- Seeking Knowledge In Our Time and Seeking Knowledge In The Time That Was Before Us
Why the people who seek knowledge today don’t find the success with their knowledge and great benefit with their knowledge ?
- Knowledge is not in being able to narrate much and in having many books
Shaykh Saalih Al-Fawzaan’s explanation of Sharhus-Sunnah of Imaam Al-Barabahaaree
- Etiquettes of the Seekers of Knowledge: Taqwaa (Piety) – The Key to Learning – Al-Ibaanah Magazine
Shaykh Abû Anas Hamad al-’Uthmân . From An-Nubadh fî Âdâbit-Talabil-’Ilm (pp.12-15)
- Etiquettes of the Seekers of Knowledge: Giving Priority to the Qur‘ân
Shaykh Abû Anas Hamad al-’Uthmân . From An-Nubadh fî Âdâbit-Talabil-’Ilm (pp.61-66)
- [EL] Guidelines For Acquiring Knowledge – by Saeed bin Wahf al-Qahtani (spubs.com)
Source: Al-Hikmah Fid-Da’wah Ilallaah (trans. Abu Iyaad)
- Laying the Foundations for Seeking Knowledge – by Shaikh Muhammad ‘Umar Baazmool
- Dealing With The Books Of Knowledge – by Shaykh Muhammad Saleh Al Uthaymeen
- Advising the Seekers of Knowledge – by Khateeb Al-Baghdaadee
Source:Introduction of his classic book Iqtidaa-ul-’Ilm Al-’Amal
- From the Manners of Knowledge – by Ahmad Fareed
Source:Al-Bahr-ur-Raa’iq Fee Az -Zuhdi war-Raqaa’iq- (pg. 39-43 of Daar-ul-Eemaan publishing)
- Begin by Learning the Fundamentals of Ahlus Sunnah – by Ahmad bin Muhammad ash-Shihhee
- Knowledge & Etiquette in Seeking it – Dr Saleh as Saleh [Audio|En]
- Obstacles in the Path of Seeking Knowledge – Shaikh Muhammad ‘Umar Bazmool
- Correcting the two strengths of knowledge and action – Shaykh Ibn Qayyim al-Jawziyyah
- [EL] Obstacles in the Path of Knowledge – by Abu Hakeem Bilaal Davies – 35 Pages [ PDF ] (spubs.com)
An explanation of some points from “Obstacles in the Path of Knowledge” (of Shaikh ‘Abdus- Salaam Burjis) by Abu Hakeem Bilaal Davies. Transcribed by Abu and Umm Mariam for SalafiPublications.Com, edited and amended by Abu Iyaad Amjad Rafiq, checked by Abu Talhah Dawud Burbank.
- [EL] Obstacles in The Path of Knowledge : Part 1 Beginning with some introductory notes on knowledge, ignorance, abandoning or forgetting knowledge, knowledge being light and the use of knowledge in acquring virtue and excellence
- [EL] Obstacles in The Path of Knowledge: Part 2 Looking at the disease of seeking knowledge for other than the sake of Allaah, and that this is a major obstacle in the path of the student of knowledge.
- [EL] Obstacles in The Path of Knowledge: Part 3 Not acting upon knowledge is actually ignorance, despite having knowledge. A look at how this disease is a major obstacle to attaining true knowledge
- [EL] Obstacles in The Path of Knowledge: Part 4 The obstacle of relying upon books alone, without reference to a teacher or a scholar, and some of the dangers resulting from this practice
- [EL] Obstacles in The Path of Knowledge: Part 5 One of the signs of the hour is that knowledge will be taken from the Asaaghir – another one of the obstacles in the path to knowledge.
- [EL] Obstacles in The Path of Knowledge: Part 6 Explaining the importance of being gradual in the acquisition of knowledge since acquiring knowledge in one go has the associated danger of losing it all in one go!
- [EL] Obstacles in The Path of Knowledge: Part 7 A look at the obstacle of having pride and being amazed and deceived with oneself and how this prevents true knowledge, as opposed to humility, which is a sign of benefiting from knowledge.
- [EL] Obstacles in The Path of Knowledge: Part 8 The importance of great striving, patient perseverence, long lengths of time, and other affairs, that are required in abundance before one is able to give verdict or make ijtihaad.
- [EL] Obstacles in The Path of Knowledge: Part 9 Making mention of the lack of zeal in seeking knowledge, which is due partly to people wasting time, not taking benefit from their good health and free time.
- [EL] Obstacles in The Path of Knowledge: Part 10 Highlighting the two deadly and lethal diseases of Tasweef and Tamanni, and their role in deceiving an individual into swimming in hopes and dreams until death reaches him!
- The Ways of Maintaining Knowledge – Shaikh Muhammad ‘Umar Bazmool
- Oh Turner of the Hearts keep our Hearts firm on Your Religion
Actions with Knowledge
- Oh Allaah, benefit me by that which you have taught me (Salaf-us-Saalih.com)
- Knowledge and Action – Advice to the Seekers of Knowledge – Shaykh ‘Abdul-Qaadir Al-Junayd [Audio|En]
- The Signs of Beneficial and Non-Beneficial Knowledge – Al-Haafidh Ibn Rajab Al-Hanbalee
- [EL] Benefiting From Knowledge – by Imâm Ibn Qayyim al-Jawziyyah [ PDF ] (troid.ca)